Life insurers are meeting the moment to help communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Companies are working with state and local leaders, providing emergency meals to seniors and families in need; donating masks and other critical supplies to hospitals and front-line health care professionals; supporting community foundations that are meeting the rapidly changing needs in cities and towns across the country; and making significant financial contributions.
Here are several examples of our companies’ exemplary efforts:
- Donating 153,000 face masks, $1.5 million to local business and communities at home and abroad, and waiving rent for small businesses.
- Converting office headquarters cafeteria into a meal-prep kitchen and then doubling the number of meals prepared.
- Pledging $25 million for global short and long-term relief efforts.
- Raising nearly $3.3 million for COVID-19 relief, including a matching gift of $1 million.
- Supporting COVID-19 relief efforts through grants to local agencies and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Foundation.
- Providing protective gear and gloves to hospitals.
- Supplying thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and canisters of disinfectant wipes.
- Leading community-wide response teams that assist local nonprofit relief groups.
- Contributing to food banks across the nation.
You can learn more about these endeavors and other initiatives at this link.
Life insurance industry leaders are going above and beyond supporting government officials and local leaders by listening to needs, organizing action, and showing compassion. We are #MeetingTheMoment.
Latest posts by Susan Neely (see all)
- Life Insurers Invest for America’s Future - July 29, 2020
- Protection and Choices for Retirement Savers - July 13, 2020
- Life Insurers Meeting The Moment With Investment Capital - July 9, 2020