Life insurers continue to provide vital assistance to their customers and the communities they serve during the COVID-19 pandemic. The life insurance industry was born out of the idea that no family should be on their own in hard times. And that applies to our employees and their families, as well.
During this pandemic, life insurers are providing essential support to our employees, who are serving consumers across the country with poise and professionalism under trying and uncertain conditions.
To protect our employees and their families, life insurers have transitioned to a work-from-home environment for most workers. They also have adopted numerous supportive measures for employees including:
- Waiving co-pays for all COVID-19 related tests and extending free telemedicine service to all enrolled.
- Increasing paid leave and covering 100% of the cost for COVID-19 tests
- Introducing an emergency leave program to help associates facing financial disruption as a result of the pandemic.
- Implementing enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures at headquarters offices.
- Providing free parking and meals for office employees.
- Curtailing business travel, conferences and meetings.
- Offering virtual volunteerism and financial matching for causes employees choose.
- Establishing remote interviews for prospective employees to ensure the well-being of all involved.
The COVID-19 outbreak has disrupted business operations for companies in all industries, including life insurers. Even so, life insurers continue to provide critical services to their customers during this pandemic.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security and 44 states recognize this and deem insurers as essential businesses. The dedication and commitment of our employees has enabled us to continue fulfilling our crucial role during an unprecedented time.
We will continue to serve our customers – for as long as it takes.
To learn more about how life insurers are serving their employees, customers and communities during the COVID-19 crisis, go to this link and follow #MeetingTheMoment on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.